How breaded chicken just became a health food.

Beyond Diet Newsletter
This week has been all about “time saving” and finding ways to still eat healthy foods without spending hours preparing or cooking (I just don’t have that kind of time anymore!).

Today I’ve got 2 more time saving tips for you that really help me to easily get through the week, while still enjoying healthy foods.

1.        Prepare your own awesome trail mix at the beginning of each week.  On Saturday or Sunday I dump approximately even amounts of the following into a gallon size Ziplock storage bag: almonds, brazil nuts, pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries (no sugar added), cacao nibs (not as much as all the other stuff) and shredded coconut.  I sprinkle in some Celtic Sea Salt and Voila…a delicious and healthy trail mix.  Next I put approximately 2 oz of the trail mix in Ziplock snack bags to take with me “on the go”.  I usually count this as 1 protein and 1 carb (even though it’s probably not exact).  My 2 year old son has quickly figured out that this delicious trail mix is always in my purse and will go digging for it whenever he’s hungry.

2.       Find recipes that say “Prep Time: 10-15 minutes” (or less).  The prep time of a recipe is usually the FIRST thing I check before deciding whether or not to even consider a recipe during the week (I save the longer ones for the weekend).  The next thing I check is the ingredients list and see whether or not it will require any healthy substitutions or modifications.  Lucky for you and me, we’ve created a wonderful Recipes section in Beyond Diet with recipes that are already “Isabel approved” and have been tested by our wonderful readers.

Here’s a new super easy and absolutely delicious recipe I just added today

>> Breaded Baked Chicken (must log into Beyond Diet to see the full recipe if you are not already logged in)

I hope this week’s tips have helped you to find new and easy ways to make healthy eating simple and still delicious.

Remember, if you have a great recipe that you enjoy and fits into our healthy way of life, please share it with the rest of us in the Recipes section of Beyond Diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments to this e mail address, wlohitha@yahoo.com.
Thank U.