Healthy Dessert... Is that even possible?


If you're anything like me (and thousands of other people), your whole
 life comes to a screeching halt at the mere mention of a chocolate cake,
 key lime pie or a chocolate chip cookie.

Yes, I love me a delicious dessert every now and again, but I know
that in order to maintain my 30 pound
 weight loss and continue to enjoy life in a healthy body, it's just not
 something I can do on a regular basis.
 (Bummer!)

So I've come up with a few strategies that help me curb my nasty
 sweet tooth when it rears its ugly
 head...baked apples with cinnamon in the oven, herbal tea
sweetened with stevia, or fruit salad with a
 little raw honey drizzled on top.

But sometimes these just don't cut it for some people. They're
looking for a yummy piece of cake or
 cookie or brownie. Is there any way to have that and still keep
 it healthy?

I decided to do a little research and figure out some good ways
 to bake and create some healthy and
 delicious desserts without all of the usual sugar and flour that
 goes into making most of them.

I was so excited to share these recipes with you today that I
 haven't gotten the chance to try them out
 myself yet (but now you know what I will be doing this
 weekend).

Give some of these a try and then be sure to email me so
 we can compare notes. I'm also going to
 ask my husband to give me his honest opinion on them
 (Poor guy, he will be sampling desserts all
 weekend, don't you feel bad for him?)

Brownies


Chocolate Cookies


Strawberry Shortcake


Basic Whipped Cream Recipe (as a once in a while treat)


Please remember that even though these desserts are far better
 than most store bought or bakery treats,
 they should still be eaten in moderation. One piece or treat
1-2 times per week is enough to satisfy
 anybody's sweet craving and will not deter you from continuing to
 achieve your weight loss and
 health goals.

Ok, I'm off for now. Happy baking!
In health and happiness,









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments to this e mail address, wlohitha@yahoo.com.
Thank U.